Things are always happening in beautiful, historic Downtown Venice! Please check the Calendar for the latest; below you will find the events that keep people coming back year after year.
- March 9, 2013 Joy of Jazz Centennial Park, 2:00 pm
- March 10, 2013, Florida corvette Car show, Centennial Park downtown
- March 15 & 16, Sidewalk Sale, All Avenues
- March 30, 2013, Annual extravaganza-egg hunt for children, Centennial Park downtown
- April 6, 2013 Venice International Book Fair and Festival of Authors, N Nokomis Ave and Venice Theatre, 10am-5pm
- April 12-14, 2013, 21st Annual BB&T Venice Sharks tooth festival, airport festival grounds, Friday 4-9pm, Saturday 10am-9pm, sun 10am-5pm
- April 20, 2013, Suncoast BBQ festival & Bluegrass Bash, Airport Festival Grounds, east end of Airport ave, 11am-7:30pm
- April 26, 2013, American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Airport Festival Grounds, east end of Airport ave, 4pm-all night
- April 27, 2013, Silver Moon Jubilee, Venice MainStreet 25th Anniversary Party, The Venice Train Station, 7pm - 10:30pm, Dancing, food, dessert bar, silent auction, $35
- May 10 & 11, 2013, Sidewalk Sale, All Avenues.
- May 11, 2013, Chalk Festival, 7am - 1pm, TBA
Look for Eggstravaganza In the spring, an egg “hunt” for children on the lawn of Centennial Park. In October, depending on the timing of Halloween, you’ll find a costume parade and trick-or-treat event. Throughout the year, you can find sidewalk sales and concerts in Centennial Park. And of course, every Saturday, you’ll find the Venice Farmer’s Market in full swing from 8am until Noon.
Share your Holidays in Venice!
The Holidays are especially festive in Venice, with the Venice Holiday Parade normally held the Saturday after Thanksgiving. On the first Thursday of December, historic Downtown Venice glows with hundreds of luminaries during the annual Christmas Walk. And on the first Saturday of December, the Christmas Boat Parade glides along the intercoastal waterways.